Monday, December 25, 2006
512NASA/Palomar
Here's something someone sent me by SMS as a Christmas greeting:
" 'Ang gabi ay payapa, lahat ay tahimik,
Pati mga tala sa bughaw na langit.
Kay hinhin ng hangin, wari'y umiibig
Sa kapayapaan ng buong daigdig.'
"Felipe de Leon wrote the first Philippine Christmas carol [this is the first stanza] the morning after he saw the bombs level the city of Manila in 1945. Amid the chaos and darkness we face today, may the light of Christmas shine on you. Maligayang Pasko!"
Something to think of.
The greeting came from Dante Velasco.I failed to edit the versions I sent to my friends. There's a little grammatical glitch towards the end of the first sentence after the verse--"after he saw the bombs levelled" (sic).
Merry Christmas to whoever stumbles upon this rudimentary blog. I'll learn as I go along. The photo support for this blog does not yet admit Mac users but promises to do so soon as. Then I will be able publish some of my own and other photos.
Coming: some of my old and new poems and translations.
Labels: Words




1 Comment:
HAPPY HOLIDAYS, sir! Stumbled onto your blog via Kristian Cordero's. Just wanted to share that I first heard of FDL's song via the latest Pampers TV ad, with Donna Cruz entrancingly singing the first two lines of the first stanza, a capella.
I wish you more success with your blog, as well as for the coming year. Again, happy holidays!
Post a Comment